at appa we endeavour to maintain your personal details how you would like them handled, confidently and privately.
as part of our commitment to protecting your information appa not only identifies the data protection act but are registered with the ICO (Information Commissions Office) and annually reviews how your information is handled and stored.
Information that we collect from you
We collect information about you:
- when you provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc) by registering with us, submitting an enquiry or booking a place at an event via the Site.
- when you respond to surveys which we ask you to complete for research purposes.
- from your usage of the Site and any other information you post on the site, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
Use of your information
We use your information:
- to enable us to supply you with the goods, services or information that you have requested.
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the Site.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may contact you by post, telephone or fax as well as by e-mail and SMS. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.
Storage of your information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Some areas of the Site may use third-party software facilities such as PayPal. Please note that, data storage on PayPal systems, and the communication between PayPal and the worldwide banking networks, is regularly audited by the banking authorities to ensure a secure transaction environment. They also ensure that they stay up-to-date with the latest versions of any third-party code used, and continually review their own proprietary code.
Disclosure of your information
Authorised personnel within the Company will be able to access the information you provide to us. We may also disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in the policy or for purposes approved by you.
Please note that countries outside the European Union do not always have the same strong data protection laws.
Unless required or permitted do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.